Old March 20th 08, 10:16 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Don Byrer

Default Types of currency

On Tue, 18 Mar 2008 17:04:37 -0700 (PDT), buttman
wrote:

I did. I read the whole thing before posting the topic. I don't fly
gliders, but from what I know, it would be weird to just go out, get
towed up and come right back 3 times for the purpose of landing
currency. I figured there might be some kind of exception for gliders,
considering I couldn't find any mention via a google search of anyone
doing such a thing. Same goes for balloon piloting.

3 pattern tows...they tow you to pattern altitude and release. It's
good practice....not just for landing, but for flying the pattern too.

Might ask this over in rec.avaition.soaring...

Don Byrer KJ5KB
Radar Tech & Smilin' Commercial Pilot Guy
Glider & CFI wannabe
kj5kb-at-hotmail.com

"I have slipped the surly bonds of earth; now if I can just land without bending the gear..."
"Watch out for those doves...smack-smack-smack-smack..."