Old July 8th 03, 11:35 PM
James Blakely

Doesn't Cirrus have at present a 5,000 hour airframe limit? Yeah, I know
that is supposed to change, but what if it doesn't?

"Charles Talleyrand" wrote in message
As I understand it, a Cirrus has a much more roomy cabin, 100 lbs higher

useful load, no retractable landing gear to maintain, is 10
kts slower, and costs $100,000 less. Why would anyone buy a Mooney?

Heck, a new Cirrus costs less than a recently used Mooney. Who here would

pick a two year old Mooney over a brand new Cirrus?

Mooney puts out a comparision worksheet at

http://www.mooney.com/PDFS/ovationcomparison.pdf. I note they don't list
cabin
dimentions.

-Curious

P.S. Sorry this sounds so much like a troll. But unless you hate

fiberglass it seems an easy decision.