Old August 30th 03, 03:33 AM
Paul Tomblin

Default Could you share a GPS?

David Megginson and I were discussing the avionics the other day, and we
had a very strange thought.

We know that radios can be pulled out and swapped, usually with a single
screw. Would it be possible to buy a single approach certified GPS, like
a Garmin 530 or something, and put trays in multiple planes, so you could
get the installation certified in each plane, and share the GPS between
the planes?

--
Paul Tomblin , not speaking for anybody
"You are all but subwidgets in a composite container whose logical tab