Old June 26th 05, 11:15 PM
Guy Byars

line). After receiving my "Good Finish JJ", I initiated a climbing left
turn to exchange speed for altitude, about 30 degrees nose up and
banked 45 degrees left to reverse my track, to land on the ramp 1/2
mile behind me. To my surprise the ship kept rolling left. I applied
full right aileron and rudder and it stopped rolling left, but fill
right control input didn't make the ship roll back to level flight. As
I climbed and speed decayed, my right turn command eventually became
effective and the ship rolled out to level flight.

You should have practiced this maneuver at 5000 feet first. That way you
have the altitude to recover in case of something unexpected happening..