Old August 13th 06, 01:48 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jim Macklin

Default Flying and capturing video

I looked and found this one...
Runner-Up: Panasonic SDR-S100
In terms of performance, the diminutive SDR-S100 from
Panasonic is an outstanding camcorder, with a sharp, bright
picture, flash media or otherwise. The SDR-S100 records to
SD cards, the most ubiquitous and inexpensive media
available, and is even shipped with a 2GB card. The video is
beautiful and doesn't appear to suffer from the MPEG-2
compression as much as that from other flash media cams.
Panasonic chalks this up to a new and improved compression
engine with variable bit rates and a wider-range motion
search engine.

The non-expandable battery and lack of audio input indicate
that both of these camcorders need some serious redesign.
But they sure are fun.

at
http://www.camcorderinfo.com/content...elect-2005.htm

"Jim Macklin" wrote
in message newsQtDg.2186$SZ3.970@dukeread04...
| Answered in re.student. How to multipost rather than post
| multiple times. Enter the groups, separated by commas and
| pick a single group for all the answers to go to.
|
| Compact Flash media, solid state.
|

| "drclive" wrote in message

ups.com...
|| Hi All,
|| I'm looking recommendation for a video camera that would
| stand a VFR in
|| Piper 28 Cherokee 140 or a katana DV20. I tried already
| with a JVC with
|| Hard
|| Drive (Model Everio G Series). It didn't work so well,
it