Old March 31st 13, 03:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Papa3[_2_]

Default Need Help with Komet Trailer Maintenance

On Saturday, March 30, 2013 11:59:18 AM UTC-4, wrote:
I am wanting to do some preventative maintenance on my Komet trailer. I e-mailed the factory about 10 days ago but I have yet to receive a reply. I am wanting to service the wheel bearings, trail brakes, and tow hitch. If anyone can help me with instructions, parts or advice it will be appreciated.

Bill Snead

6W

Bill,

As mentioned, the parts are almsot certainly Knott. Their catalog has a couple of tremendous pages on maintenance and adjustment, as well as exploded views of just about everything that goes in your trailer. Even if the model isn't exactly the same, you can get the "lay of the land". Download the "Trailer Components" catalog from here. Page 53/54 is worth the download on its own.

http://katalog.knott.de/en/

If you can find the part numbers stamped on the main bits, you should be able to find them in the catalog. Otherwise, you can visually compare and get pretty close.

Erik Mann
P3