Old July 25th 09, 12:50 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Larry D. Cosby

Default Panel lights breaker pops

Common problem on older Cherokee models. Chaffed wiring where it passes thru
bulkheads in wings or fuselage. Isolate one circuit at a time to pinpoint
correct wiring path to look at.
Larry

"Steve - KDMW" wrote in message
Has anyone seen this?...1974 Warrior panel lights don't come on, and
when I turn the rheostat past a certain point (almost full bright) the
panel lights breaker pops. I'm thinking it's the power transistor, at
least that's what I'm going to try first (along with cleaning the
rheostat) since it's the cheapest thing to do.

Steve
PA28-151
KDMW