Old December 14th 04, 01:47 PM
Henry and Debbie McFarland

Dan,

A C-152 is a great choice. A friend of mine bought one a couple of years ago
and has put several hundred hours on it. Let's face, not everyone needs to
be fast or needs the extra room. I fly alone or with a 6 year-old. My
two-seater works just fine, and 110 mph is fast enough for me. I also get to
fly about 150 hours a year without breaking the bank. As to weight, not
everyone is fat. Buying the C-152 will get you in the air at a reasonable
cost and will be a good incentive to keep using your tread mill.

If you're family decides that they like traveling by air, then you can
upgrade. Another friend bought a PA-28 after earning his PPL and his family
has never been in it. He hates the airplane and wishes he could opt out into
something that more fun to fly. Buy what you can afford to fly often!

Good luck,
Deb

--
1946 Luscombe 8A (His)
1948 Luscombe 8E (Hers)

"houstondan" wrote in message
oups.com...
the c-152 seems like a pretty sensible way to get into my first
airplane. the way i see the g.a. business overall, especially with the
feds helping so many people decide that commercial flight just ain't
worth the trouble, a good condition c-152 should at least hold it's
value (adjusted for engine-time) and may actually appreciate in the
future. there's parts & mechanics everywhere you land . i'm just
getting started thinking about buying so my mind isn't anywhere near
made up but that's what seems to be the best idea at the moment.

i'm certainly open for suggestions. probably months away but certainly
not a year.

dan