Old May 22nd 20, 10:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Newport-Peace[_6_]

Default OLC comment, MOP logging deactivated

At 19:23 22 May 2020, Dave Springford wrote:
To expand upon Tim's note:

ENL = Engine Noise Level
MOP = Means of Propulsion

IGC does not allow ENL to be used for electric or Jet engines, they must
use MOP sensors.

ENL may be used for gas powered engines. This is not a new change for

the
IGC, but I think the OLC has just implemented the change in their

software.

Many FES owners have been using ENL for years, but it is my understanding
that this is no longer allowed by IGC as sufficient proof the FES was not
used.

It gets better! The LX MOP2 sensor can only be used with specified LXV
Flight Recorders.