Old April 9th 21, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kinsell

Default new SSA web site

On 4/9/21 8:55 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 4/9/2021 10:31 AM, kinsell wrote:
On 4/8/21 11:05 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 6:29:16 PM UTC-7,
wrote:

Just got an email reply from SSA. They said to hover over the Racing
tab and the Tracker should appear. Well when I use Chrome the
sub-menu does not appear. When I use Explorer the sub-menu does
appear but crashes when I click on Tracker and I get a message that
it is not supported and to use Chrome. WTF!
Dan
Tried again and SUCCESS.Â* The sailplane tracker DOES work using
Firefox as the browser.Â* No need to log into SSA as a member.Â* Does
NOT work in Chrome or Explorer.

The SSA tracker is just a 'friendly' front end on top of
glideport.aero, which adds some branding.Â* I've always had better luck
going directly to the source.

Funny though, the two ways to look at the same tracking show things with
different units.Â* Glideport shows elevations in meters, and the SSA
overlay shows it in feet.Â* Clearly the underlying tech allows choice of
units - does anybody know how to do it from the user interface?

Settings/Preferences/Imperial.

Probably have to be logged in.