Old April 9th 21, 07:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default new SSA web site

On 4/9/2021 11:36 AM, kinsell wrote:
On 4/9/21 8:55 AM, Moshe Braner wrote:
On 4/9/2021 10:31 AM, kinsell wrote:
On 4/8/21 11:05 PM, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 7, 2021 at 6:29:16 PM UTC-7,
wrote:

Just got an email reply from SSA. They said to hover over the
Racing tab and the Tracker should appear. Well when I use Chrome
the sub-menu does not appear. When I use Explorer the sub-menu does
appear but crashes when I click on Tracker and I get a message that
it is not supported and to use Chrome. WTF!
Dan
Tried again and SUCCESS.Â* The sailplane tracker DOES work using
Firefox as the browser.Â* No need to log into SSA as a member.Â* Does
NOT work in Chrome or Explorer.

The SSA tracker is just a 'friendly' front end on top of
glideport.aero, which adds some branding.Â* I've always had better
luck going directly to the source.

Funny though, the two ways to look at the same tracking show things
with different units.Â* Glideport shows elevations in meters, and the
SSA overlay shows it in feet.Â* Clearly the underlying tech allows
choice of units - does anybody know how to do it from the user interface?

Settings/Preferences/Imperial.

Probably have to be logged in.

Logged in? What's that? I don't want to have to login every time just
to look at flight tracks. Anyway, tried now, couldn't figure out my
password. Clicked on "reset password" (this is in glideport.aero) but
the promised email never came in (and yes I checked the spam folder). I
know I put in the right email address because other addresses say "no
such user", and also I see the email address in my IGCdroid configuration.