Old April 9th 21, 09:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default new SSA web site

On Fri, 09 Apr 2021 11:21:58 -0600, Dan Marotta wrote:

Any body tried Brave yet? I"m not gonna install Firefox just to track
gliders.

Been using it for a month or two. In general its good, especially its
built-in ad and tracker-blocking features, but there is one annoying
gotcha:

If you're using Brave to check the look of a new web page while you
tweak images on the page, DON'T - use Firefox instead.

This is because Brave is decidedly lazy about updating buffered images:
they only get reloaded after a delay of a minute or two. The result is
that making a quick change to an image on a page you're editing may not
show up when you refresh the page.

Apart from that I like Brave a lot. It has now become my default mail web
browser.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org