Old May 7th 06, 02:36 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default IFR use of handheld GPS

"Sam Spade" wrote in message

Well, gee wiz, you're better with tabs than I am.

Among many other things, I'm sure.

Nonetheless, the references both you and I cite are identical.

I didn't cite a reference, I just answered your questions.

So, you didn't answer my question, except to implicitly admit you are
wrong on substance. (ye gads!)

Actually, I did answer your question, twice. You're just too dim to realize
it.

You wrote, some time ago now; "The 'rule' is that direct routes initiated by
ATC are limited to the service volume of VOR (or rarely, NDBs) and the
controller can assure that
MIAs will not be violated." The "rule" has nothing to do with service
volumes. NAVAID usable distance limits in FAAO 7110.65 are based on MSL
altitudes and flight levels, service volumes are based on AGL altitudes.

Is the bulb any brighter now?