Old July 17th 08, 01:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Peter Nyffeler[_2_]

Default Learning to fly in Europe?

Justin Fielding wrote:

Hi all,

I'm going to be on a road tour of Europe in August (South of France,
Switzerland, Germany etc) and was thinking of stopping somewhere for a
week to do a gliding course.

My first question would be whether or not any training I do in Europe will
be valid back in the UK?

You may have to ask the British Gliding Association Britisch for the
correct answer to this question.
www.gliding.co.uk

The second would be if anyone can recommend
gliding schools in Europe as Google doesnt' return too many results.

Because of the weather in August, I recomend you to go to south of
France.
Vinon, St. Aubin and Sisteron are soaring centers in the valle du
Durance. You find the webpages of them and other clubs in France on
www.ffvv.org/ouvoler.php

I wisch you big pleasure in the air
Peter Nyffeler (Y7 HB-1689)