Old July 17th 08, 01:50 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_3_]

Default Learning to fly in Europe?

On Thu, 17 Jul 2008 09:41:44 +0000, Justin Fielding wrote:

My first question would be whether or not any training I do in Europe will
be valid back in the UK? The second would be if anyone can recommend
gliding schools in Europe as Google doesnt' return too many results.

If you're already a member of a UK club, ask your CFI's opinion.
If not, it would be a good idea to decide where you're likely to fly in
the UK, find out how they normally launch training flights (winch or
aero tow) and what type of trainers they use. Then use this to help you
choose where you fly in Europe.

If you match glider type and launch method with what your UK training
will be using you'll have less relearning to do.

www.gliding.co.uk has a club selection page that's useful for finding
clubs and what they fly.

--
martin@ | Martin Gregorie