Old July 17th 08, 05:25 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Reed[_2_]

Default Learning to fly in Europe?

Justin Fielding wrote:
My local club would be the Kent Gliding Club. I did email them regarding
courses a few months ago but they never got back to me.

I have had a gliding experience day with them a few years ago which I
really enjoyed. They predominantly use winch launches and K21's for
training.

Justin,

I think what you were really asking was, "Will any foreign gliding
course count towards the UK licence requirements?". The answer is yes
because there *are* no UK licence requirements - you are sent solo when
you are ready, whether you've flown 5 hours or 500, and the only hours
requirement is before you can gain your Bronze certificate - this is
some way ahead, and in any event it's solo hours that count, not
training hours.

Don't forget to keep a record of your foreign flying, ideally signed off
by the instructor, and paste it into your UK log book when you get one.
Your UK instructor will want to see what you did, and any good
experience will be part of your training, never fear.