Old July 18th 18, 07:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Steve Leonard[_2_]

Default Home built trailer for old glass ship

John, you might end up needing to build something to accommodate a Phoebus. The wings are a bit wider than most at the root. If you have a place to keep it indoors, you could build an open trailer fairly quickly and for not much money. Depending on what is most available, you can build from wood, steel tube, aluminum sheet, etc. Kampco has ability to bend hoops for you, but their website is not behaving for me right now. A well built wooden trailer that gets the wood well sealed, a layer of glass on it, and gets a good paint job, can last 40 years. Try not to allow any flat surfaces on the top, as they can quickly become "ponds" and this is not good for anything!

There have been plans available for a Ralph Luebke designed trailer, but I can't seem to find where now. You can build a steel frame, aluminum skin trailer using mostly standard 1 inch square, 1/16th inch wall steel tubing. Can build it as a simple box, or hoops from Kampco to round the corners.

Have a look at the W&W classifieds to get ideas on how you could build a trailer. Lots of different ways to make a trailer.

Steve Leonard