Old April 9th 06, 03:31 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Headset Noise

In article .com,
"Jay Honeck" wrote:
Well, if it makes you feel any better, the co-pilot's jack in our
Pathfinder has a bit of whine in it, too. None of the other jacks do.

It's not bothersome, and I always figured it was the proximity to the
electrical bus.

On my installation, the whine is only slightly noticeable with the
headset volume at its lowest, but then I have to turn up the
radio/intercom volume to compensate, which distorts the audio. When I
turn the headset volume up to high, the whine drives me crazy after
about 15-20 minutes or so.

Of course, I would never experiment with a capacitor that may be in
violation of the regs, even if it would enhance comfort and safety.
That's just something that I don't do during the week.

JKG