Old November 25th 06, 07:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
zatatime

Default Compass swinging?

On Fri, 24 Nov 2006 22:46:44 -0700, Newps
wrote:

Roy Smith wrote:
I've got AC 43.13-1B, which describes the procedure to swing a compass.
What I can't find is the bureaucratic stuff -- who can do it (any pilot?),
and what paperwork follow-up is required (airframe logbook entry, or is
just making the new compass card sufficient?).

I swung my own several years ago and made a new card. An A&P has to
sign it off.

I also swung my own (and a few friends). Our radio guy did the sign
off. Not to split hairs, but only an airframe license is required for
this one as far as I know. (He says putting on his flame proof
blazer).

HTH.