Old March 12th 08, 03:27 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Tina

Default Turn to Final - Keeping Ball Centered

Are you suggesting you can't stall with a centered ball? Go slow
enough, and in a steep turn the stall will put your stomach in your
throat.

On Mar 11, 11:23*pm, skym wrote:
While making a turn to base and final recently, I was aware that I was
going to be wide with my normal turn from downwind through base to
final, so I banked more to keep as close to the runway centerline as
possible. *I kept thinking about the infamous and usually fatal stall/
spin by some pilots in this situation, *I kept thinking that if I keep
the ball centered, even with a very steep bank, that I would be ok and
not auger in. *Some of you instructors and old pros...is this correct?
(Not that I intend to make it a practice.)