Old August 14th 04, 01:04 AM
Bill Zaleski

You don't need a current medical, or a medical at all to stay listed
in the FAA airman database. Some of the links such as Landings.com
only list the current airman, however.

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 22:59:03 GMT, "William W. Plummer"
wrote:

Bob Noel wrote:
In article ,
wrote:

Just because you hold a certificate does not mean you are current.

nor does it mean you really support aviation (what's
the name of that lawyer? Wolk?)

To be in the standard FAA Airmen database you need both a pilot
certificate and a current medical certificate. About 4 years ago the
FAA had some sort of problem and many pilots in MA were disappeared from
the listing. I chased it down and found that all of the problem pilots
had medical certificate status listed as "pending". Nobody could
explain that or what it means! My AME was kind enough to reissue my
medical.