Old May 24th 21, 05:56 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Replacing aging club Grobs...best options?

Hello all! I am trying to gather information on replacement options for my club's aging Grobs. So far I have reached out to SZD for the SZD-54-2 (probably not a factor with no US certification or dealer), the HpH Twin Shark, Shempp-Hirth Duo Discus XL, Schleicher for the ASK-21B and DG for the DG1001 Club Neo.

The club prime purpose for this new glider(s) would be a combination of basic flight training, advanced training (beyond Private) and club member dual cross-country flying. A 40:1 or better best L/D would be preferred, for cross-country training. While many of the options listed are at the upper end of the price range, I need to add more in the lower/middle range.

Any recommendations on other options I have not considered? How are other clubs approaching this common problem? Thanks,

Mark