Old March 22nd 21, 02:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Charlie M. (UH & 002 owner/pilot)

Default Glider for heavy Pilot

On Sunday, March 21, 2021 at 9:55:24 AM UTC-4, Hank Nixon wrote:
We are looking at what gliders may be suitable for heavy pilots. Gross weight, max mass of non lifting components, and forward CG limits. Subject pilot weighs 280 lb.
Any experience out there?
Thx
UH

I have no clue...but for others, decades ago I remember a "large pilot" that forced the front cockpit panels of a 2-33 against the rudder cables.
I usually flew with him due to my light weight. I believe we were within weight/CG limits.
Check ride required some "things" to allow slow flight stalls.

Tough for larger pilots (size and weight). Just throwing in cockpit panel deformation as regards to control cables as well as possible lack of back stick for flare. Maybe thin back cushions to allow full aft stick movement....best to check on ground!!!