Old March 11th 04, 03:16 PM
David O

(Cessna140lb) wrote:

Come on, a homebuilt newsgroup and nobody has any answers? That's not the RAH
I know......

Cessna140LB

Here is a good article on the Parker JP-350 from the April '89 issue
of Sport Aviation, pictures and all. I'll leave the article up for a
few days (*). This is a 1.56 MB Adobe Acrobat file.

http://www.AirplaneZone.com/NewsgroupPix/JP-350.pdf

The Parker JP-350 was a pretty plane but, apparently, it wasn't
destined to be the record breaking platform that John Parker
envisioned. John missed the CAFE races in '89 due to a fuel leak in
the wing. That same year the JP-350 failed to qualify in the
Unlimited category at RENO, placing 33rd in qualifying at 277 mph. In
1990 John crashed the JP-350. Thankfully, he suffered only minor
injuries. I expect that the plane was never rebuilt as I can find no
further mention of it. Here is the NTSB accident report,

http://www.ntsb.gov/ntsb/brief.asp?e...12X23433&key=1

In recent years John and his company, American Air Racing, have had
some success at RENO in the Sport Class including a second place
finish in 2002 in his Thunder Mustang.

* Requisite Plug: Sport Aviation magazine is available on a
multi-disk CD-ROM archive (currently 1952 to 2002) from the EAA for
$159 plus shipping. I have found the archive to be a great resource.
Here is a link,

http://www.eaa.org/sacd/index.html

David O -- http://www.AirplaneZone.com