Old June 4th 06, 01:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Those *dangerous* Korean War relics

Traditional slavery would have ended when Briggs & Stratton
built their small engines. But, the sex slave trade goes on.
Slavery is rampant in other parts of the world today,
primarily Africa, Asia and the Middle East. The UN and the
Muslim religion support slavery.

Importation of slaves was illegal in the USA after 1807, but
ownership was still legal. The South's economy was based on
hand labor agriculture, cotton. A lot of white people
fought and died to free the slaves. A lot of Southerners
fought and died to preserve their life-style. Both were
honorable. But slavery was still wrong and it ceased to be
the same after 1865. But there was still economic "slavery"
for many people working for low wages in company towns,
buying food and clothes at the company store on credit.

Laws change, society changes, hopefully for the better. We
should remember the past, so we don't continue to make the
same mistakes, but we must get over the anger and personal
feelings about what happened 50, 100, 150, 500, 2000 years
ago.

some support

wrote in message
ps.com...

| Steven P. McNicoll wrote:
| "Matt Whiting" wrote in message
|
| Civil war???
|

| Yup. There is nothing in the Constitution that prevents
a state from
| leaving a union that it freely joined. The southern
states were forced to
| rejoin the union.
|
| Aside from the language prohibiting individual states from
enterring
| into a confederation.
|
| Seceding first, and enterring into a confederation later
is an
| intellectually dishonest shell game, not an action that is
| permissible under the Constitution.
|
| And the states that seceded absolutely were not seceding
| preserve freedom. They seceded because the states that
had
| already abolished slavery within their borders, or had
never
| permitted it in the first place, had become united in
their