Old January 8th 07, 03:08 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

Default CG Hook Location Computation

Jack wrote:

The text of the 2-33 manual mentions both a "forward" and "CG release",
but the only release I've ever seen on a 2-33 is just ahead of the skid,
and I suppose that is what Schweizer calls a "CG" release on the 2-33.
The skid would interfere with a release nearer the forward edge of the
CG range.

Anybody here know where the "forward release" on a 2-33 would be?

Excuse me? Somehow I do not think you understand the term "CG."

No matter what Schweizer calls it, the "nose hook" is not located at
the Center of Gravity (CG) and thus cannot possibly be the "CG hook."

The nose hook is in front of the skid. The compensation hook is
mounted somewhere mid-skid and offset to the side slightly so as to
avoid the skid. The CG hook is mounted on (or very close to) the
Center of Gravity possibly also offset so as to avoid the skid. I have
a friend with a 2-33 that has all 3 hooks.