Old March 16th 10, 02:07 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Sam Spade

Default KJZI (Charleston Executive, S.C.) ILS RWY 9 DME Required

wrote:

On Mar 13, 9:25 am, Sam Spade wrote:

wrote:

On Mar 13, 8:30 am, Sam Spade wrote:

wrote:

The fact that a straight-in minimum is not published does not
preclude pilots from landing straight-in if they have the active runway
in sight and have sufficient time to make a normal approach for landing.
Under such conditions and when ATC has cleared them for landing on that
runway, pilots are not expected to circle even though only circling
minimums are published. If they desire to circle, they should advise ATC.

Oh yean, one other thing. The above does NOT apply to KMBO. I will
NEVER get cleared to land at KMBO. But of course you don't apparently
fly in the real world to understand this.

After all, if the winds were blowing out of the north, I wouldn't
request the GPS 17 would I?

Oh, KMBO doesn't have a control tower?

NOPE. You would know this if you looked on the approach plate.

You apparently don't get sarcasm when you see it.