Old January 29th 18, 09:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Hard Deck

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 3:49:35 PM UTC-5, Andy Blackburn wrote:

Just an idea.

Here's mine: Shame the offender at the pilots' meeting. Display the offending bit of the flight trace and give the offender the "opportunity" to give the day's safety talk.

In the case of egregious or repeat violations of good sense, get the safety committee together and discuss a points based penalty (or DQ if it comes to that). I loved Cindy's story about OF, sounds like that they got that one right on the money.

Of course, my interest here has more to do with actual contest safety, less with who gets to go to WGC.

best,
Evan Ludeman / T8