Old January 29th 18, 11:49 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tango Eight

Default Hard Deck

On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 4:43:48 PM UTC-5, jfitch wrote:
One of the consequences is that many mainstream pilots consider racing to be too risky to participate. I can think offhand of about 10 pilots just at my local glider port who cite this as the primary reason they do not. Not a single one mentions complexity of the rules.

Risk (at least w.r.t. terrain, weather) is in your own hands, always!!

Changing rules can have no effect here. What isn't obvious about this?

No one is ever obligated to do anything unsafe in competition.

It is very possible to scorch the field without taking any significant amount of risk.

Evan Ludeman / T8