View Single Post
Old October 23rd 20, 08:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Hutter 28 Glider Information

On Tuesday, October 20, 2020 at 8:55:51 AM UTC-5, Dan Goldman wrote:
There is, or was, a Hutter 28 glider that was built in the USA.
Any contact information to the builder will be appreciated.
Dan

I'm not sure of any Hütter 28 being built in the US, however, there was a Hütter 28 stored for many years in a barn in Connecticut along with a few other gull-wing gliders. The owner/collector passed away a few years ago. The family has allowed the National Soaring Museum at Elmira to display some of these gliders. Dave Schuur and a team from a club in Lawrenceville, IL restored an American-built Gull to full, airworthy condition and Bill Batesole in New England cleaned up the Zanonia; both of these are on display at the NSM. The Hütter 28 was shipped back to Denmark a couple of years ago for restoration there. I believe that it was originally built in Denmark.

The Vintage Sailplane Association has a set of drawings for the Hütter 28, and in addition also drawings for the Hütter 17 and 17B. https://www.vintagesailplane.org/

The VSA collects, collates, cleans, and maintains drawings for a range of vintage and classic gliders. If someone has interest in vintage drawings, I can be contacted via the email listing on the VSA website. If you have or know of someone with old drawings, instructions, or other materials for vintage gliders, feel free to contact me, again via my email listed on the VSA website. We continue to find new, important documents and we digitally scan them and I clean drawings and other documents so that they can be readily used to maintain these aircraft.

Regards, ..... Neal
Neal Pfeiffer
VSA Drawing Archivist