Old October 1st 19, 02:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Burt Compton - Marfa Gliders, west Texas

Default Open Cirrus for sale

A wet chute can freeze in place. If leaving a glider with a chute out overnight, dew can form on the glider and will run to the ground and into the chute and statics. My recommendation is to remove the chute and tent, not cover, the statics with tape.

Also check with the seller whether this Cirrus is German or VTC built. There are big differences.

Frank Whiteley

Good advice! After deploying and on rollout I would jettison the drag chute to minimize ground damage and then hang it in my home or hangar until re-packing it into the container for my next flight. Hanging lets it unwrinkle and it stays dry.