Old June 13th 20, 08:48 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default SH airbrakes hardware

So, pardon me for not knowing proper terminology... this concerns the bolt/spring/elastic stop nut assemblies that keep the flexible cap strip on the rigid spoiler. Some of this hardware was showing corrosion, but when attempting to remove for replacement or cleaning, the head of the bolt (stud?) seems to have torqued free from where it is glassed in place. Also, there is an L- shaped bracket at the outboard, aft end of the spoilers - purpose? One of them seems rather loose. It is secured by the same bolt assembly. Don't want to tighten in case bolt breaks free like the other. I would post a photo but don't see how.