Old August 13th 05, 05:38 AM
Eric Greenwell

5Z wrote:
Eric Greenwell wrote:

It might be because you have prejudged the situation, as has JJ. From
what I've read, there is no indication the pilot was not performing the
landing properly. JJ's claim that the police arrested him because he
committed homicide was unsupported. At that point, the pilot had not
even been charged, much less convicted of a crime.

At a contest in Minden a few years back, a pilot finishing a landing
roll hit his daughter who was photographing him. The police arrested
him. He got out quickly and injury wasn't serious IIRC.

This was one of our club's members. His daughter grew up crewing for him
and had caught his wing in the past. This time things went wrong. It
simply isn't possible to determine "guilt" without fully knowing the
situation.

All that these incidents point out is that vigilance must never be put
in the back seat, period.

Things can happen fast, and even a small change in what is done can make
the difference. We may have much to learn from Neil's death, but I don't
think we know what it is yet.

Eric Greenwell
Washington State
USA