Old February 18th 18, 12:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
kirk.stant

Default Condor2, inbound on final glide!

On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 3:36:21 PM UTC-6, Chris Wedgwood wrote:
On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 6:37:02 PM UTC, Dan Stroschine wrote:
On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 9:55:32 AM UTC-7, kirk.stant wrote:
Chris, I'll ask again:

Is their any plan to make Condor 2 capable of supporting Virtual Reality (Vive or Rift)?

VR is a TOTAL game changer in flight simulation - it changes something like Condor from basically a procedural trainer (albeit an excellent one) to pretty close to a full-up flight simulator.

And compared to the cost of a big screen setup (especially a multi-screen setup) a good VR headset is cheap.

Head-tracking systems like Track-IR - or worse, using a hat switch or mouse to move your viewing direction - are handicaps for initial training - solved by the natural viewing habits learned in VR.

Please - consider adding VR capability as soon as possible!

Kirk
66

There was quite a bit of 'discussion' about that on the forums and I think the official answer was no there are no plans for VR, but they are open to considering it in the future.

That is not correct. We said its on todo list.

Chris, that's great to hear - and I appreciate what you are doing - so will be looking for Condor 2 VR enhancement "in two weeks" ;^)

Anyway, I'll be getting C2 for my daughter who is just starting to learn to fly gliders - only the best!

Cheers,

Kirk