Old September 7th 18, 11:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Source for aileron/flaperon linkage fairings or covers?

I ran into that problem several years ago with the molded-in fairings on my Pegasus. Got tired of repairing them, so I made a male plug mold and had several sets vacuum formed. They were then cut out with a bandsaw, leaving a flange (3/8 in. wide) to sit flat on the surface. I removed the old set, down to the surface of the wing and ailerons and then stuck the new ones on with double-sided tape and then wing tape over the flange. Naturally, I haven't dinged one since.

Don't know whether they would work with the PIK-20E, but I do have some extra sets. I have sold a few sets (4 large forward fairings and 2 narrower ones that nest inside the large ones) to other Pegasus owners for $48/set including postage in the US. Contact me at: info (at) m m f a b r i c a t i o n (dot) com (remove spaces).