Old March 1st 09, 06:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Mike Ash

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

In article
,
a wrote:

On Feb 28, 7:00*pm, wrote:
Mxsmanic wrote:
writes:

If they aren't, it will take hours to find them.

It only takes a few minutes.

Wrong again, though it is to be expected from someone with zero life
experience.

Having been involved in many a call up to people who are SUPPOSED to
be reachable and seen the actual results, I feel I am very qualified
to say you are full of **** when you say you can reach people in
a "few minutes" who have zero obligation to be available.

Suicide hot line: "Your call is very important to us, and will be
answered in the order it was received. Estimated wait time, etc"

Even 911 lines sometimes get backed up and force people to wait for
minutes before talking to someone, and that's a service where people
call in routinely and for which any given call has a significant
probability of lives being at stake. And somehow it's going to be
trivial to get similar response time to on-call police and paramedics
when the necessary people aren't even on call? Funny and ludicrous.

--
Mike Ash
Radio Free Earth