Old October 18th 11, 07:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Who is responsible?

On Oct 18, 10:57*am, JJ Sinclair wrote:
Who is primarily responsible for my safety?
* * (choose one)
A. My supervisor
B. My boss
C. My club
D. My FBO
E. Contest Director
F. Contest Manager
G. Rules Committee
H. Soaring Society of America
*I. Soaring Safety Foundation
J. FAA
K. NTSB
L. Me

I got to thinking about the safety responsibility issue, so I started
asking a few people. Got several of the above optipns, but the best
one was, "My husband, Jim",

Food for thought,
JJ

I work at Disney World, FL during the winter and their motto "Safety
Begins With Me" is everywhere and it is the only 'real' answer. Other
people can affect your safety while at a gliderport or contest by
permitting others to operate in an unsafe manner, but it all starts
with you. If the gliderport is operated unsafely, then you need to
find another place to fly.
Fred