Old November 11th 03, 07:36 AM
Stuart Chapman

"DAN" wrote in message
Stuart Chapman wrote:

The thread above reminded me of a question I have about rotary

engines....
Just how was fuel & air admitted into the cylinders?????

The only way I can think of is some sort of central machined plate, that

has
holes in the right positions so that when it turns (along with the

cylinders
/ propellor) it meets up with inlets (non-rotating) for fuel & air, that
inject into the appropriate cylinder.....

thoughts everyone?

The rotary engines had fixed ... outlets for ...exhaust, in front of which

the cylinders would scroll.

That's interesting.....I thought it would have been simpler for each
cylinder to have its own exhaust port, controlled by rods riding over cams
on the crankshaft. But maybe this is just introducing too much complexity.

Stupot