Old August 19th 20, 06:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Daly[_2_]

Default New Hope for Old L-13s

On Wednesday, August 19, 2020 at 12:38:26 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Was told by a regulator that there is a repair facility being put in place by Blanik to get the spar AD compliance somewhere in Indiana.

Before anybody gets excited, there's apparently a fairly diverse number of materials that went into building this communist bloc (not that there's anything wrong with commies) trainer and with that a tear down may well reveal an airframe that is kaput.

It still speaks well of Blanik for taking the time and trouble to even do this. I was/am still surprised.

No figures were mentioned I have no idea what the costs will be. Still, go look for 2 place trainers and it's pretty clear that under 100K there's not a whole heck of a lot to choose from.

Two videos on the L-13 Wind mods:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFfVM_-NKNI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh5XIevXHcM

Airframe Components is located in Kendallville, IN.
Website: www.airframeicomponents.com
Phone: 260-347-0807
Email:
(from the video description in the videos).

If you look at Blanik America's website, there are a couple of European L-13's which have gone through the program and are for sale, used. He also has a link with pictures of the modification at the factory.