Old May 27th 07, 05:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Danny Deger

Default solo IFR

"Kevin Clarke" wrote in message
link.net...

At one time I flew an F-4E fighter, but I found IFR solo in my Beech Bonaza
would keep me busy. One of the issues with solo in the Bonaza was no
autopilot and very unstable in roll. If it was the least bit bumpy, a quick
trip to the map case to get the next map would be awarded with a 60 degree
roll by the time you looked back at the instruments. If I had the money, I
certainly would have gotten a wings leveller.

I agree with the comment to do lots of IFR cross country in good weather to
get used to the system.

Danny Deger