Old March 3rd 04, 11:19 PM
PaulaJay1

In article , Jim Weir
writes:

However, since I'm going to a new method of framing, I'd like thoughts on
what
you have used as workbench/shelving materials. The benches will be about 2'
wide and 6' long. Yes, I know, solid moulded Teflon would be best, but quick
and cheap is high on the list of attributes I'm looking for.

I built my work bench out of construction pine and then used oak flooring to
cover the top. "Flooring" at a 45 deg angle to prevent any pine warping
getting to the top. The surface has held up for 20 years and every 5 years I
sand and put on a coat of plastic varnish.

Chuck