Old March 4th 04, 01:42 AM

In rec.aviation.owning Jim Weir wrote:
Oooookay, let me try again.

What NONLUMBER bench tops have you ever seen or considered that might work?

I'm not making 747s, fellers, nor am I building spars. The worst I might want
to do is bend up a 4" x 6" bracket out of 5052H32 and drill it with a Harbor
Freight benchtop drill press.

Jim

Jim Weir

-However, since I'm going to a new method of framing, I'd like thoughts on what
-you have used as workbench/shelving materials. The benches will be about 2'
-wide and 6' long. Yes, I know, solid moulded Teflon would be best, but quick
-and cheap is high on the list of attributes I'm looking for.
-
-Thoughts appreciated.

http://www.rst-engr.com

Well, I have a couple I covered with thin (about 16 Ga) sheet steel.

When I want a "soft" top, I drop a piece of plywood on top.

Of course, they are supported by a welded 1 inch steel tube frame, not
PVC pipe and spot welded to the frame.

The sheet steel was given to me and the steel tube cost about $30.

Got any friends in the scrap metal business?

--
Jim Pennino

Remove -spam-sux to reply.