Old December 21st 03, 03:21 PM
Steven P. McNicoll

"Tony Cox" wrote in message
. net...

Here's something I've never seen in a DUATS
briefing before. Can someone enlighten me?

Oakland Center (Fremont CA) [ZOA]: December NOTAM #105 issued by Central
Alt Res Fac CA [CARF]
Central Altitude Reservation Facility notice number 1275 on Bravo
stationary reservation within an area bounded by 4040N 12710W 4040N 13200W
3730N 13200W 3730N 12710W. surface - FL200 will be effective December

22nd,
2003 at 12:30 PM PST (0312222030) - December 22nd, 2003 at 03:30 PM PST
(0312222330)

CARF is Central Altitude Reservation Facility, they set up ALTRVs, Altitude
Reservations. From the Pilot/Controller Glossary:
ALTITUDE RESERVATION- Airspace utilization under prescribed conditions
normally employed for the mass movement of aircraft or other special user
requirements which cannot otherwise be accomplished. ALTRVs are approved by
the appropriate FAA facility.

It doesn't say it in that explanation, but the aircraft referred to are
military aircraft. At least every ALTRV I've seen was for military
aircraft, I suppose they could also be used for civil aircraft under
military contract.