Old November 29th 03, 01:07 AM
Denis Flament

Jim Hendrix wrote:

I'm wondering if many people hold a mild slip in turns and why they do it.
Please reply to this post if you do this and give your reason(s).

I do.

Reason : it's easier... and why shouldn't I ?

Symmetrical flight is optimal in straight flight, not in turn. Even with
no slip nor skid (at the wings), a turn flight is NOT symmetrical (it is
either to the right, either to the left, never both !). The inner wing
goes slower than the outerwing, dihedral effect with slip helps
couteracting this dissymetry.

How much slip is optimal is another question, but SOME slip is
definitely optimal.

--
Denis
Private replies: remove "moncourrielest" from my e-mail address