Old October 21st 05, 03:36 PM
windmillhills

Default Madrid, Spain PPL PA28 C172 solo hire enquiry

Hi

I am a British 200 hour UK PPL holder.

I shall be taking a week's holiday in Madrid next month (November 2005)
and would like to take some Spanish friends flying for an hour or so
around the outskirts of the city.

Does anyone know a good Madrid flying club or school that hires out
PA28 Warriors or C172s by the hour? I have just spoken to
aeromadrid.com, based at Quatro Vientos airport. I found them on the
web via Google. They seemed a bit reluctant to do a single flight,
being more used to full PPL courses. The will charge 168 Euros for the
hour (dual) which seems a little expensive.

I don't mind if its solo or dual. I will only have 2 friends coming
along so there will be room for the instructor and this will save
having to do a check ride.

Also, what controlled airspace restrictions are there around Madrid? I
guess they have a 1500ft/land clear restriction like in the UK?

Thanks in anticipation

Rich
EGNT (Newcastle International)