Old April 22nd 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default A friend of mine is building a Legacy and has a question....

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006 17:32:22 -0500, "Montblack"
wrote:

wrote)
I have never previously found any use for this knowledge ^h^h^h^h^h^h
opinion.
Hope it is right and helps out.

http://www.familycar.com/Alignment.htm
Had to make sure I had the terms right.

Disclaimer (Don't try this at home)

You could always set about 2 or 3 degrees toe out with a bit of
negative caster. That way the results will be predictable to an almost
certainty and he'll never have a case of bordome on any landing.

As to the toe in, I thought that really was about 2 degrees.

BTW the nose gear on the Deb and Bonanzas has a negative caster. Your
feet are always moving if you plan on even trying to simulate a
straight taxi. That wheel wants to go any where but straight ahead.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com

Montblack