Old October 8th 06, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dave K

Default Commodious Sailplane?

Try an Astir CS. Much better performance than either of these twin
ships. The cockpit is so roomy I used to set up a picnic when I got
hungry during cross-country flights. Lots of room for me and I'm 6' and
200lbs. There was spare movement on the rudder pedal adjustment etc.

Dave Kearns

Bruce Greef wrote:
Jim wrote:
I've been searching for a used sailplane for a month; most are
proportioned
for pilots not-so-large as me. Any recommendations for ships with
commodious
cockpit dimensions?
Jim Hultman
6'3" 240 lb.
Just call me 'Falstaffian".

Identical proportions - well same mass and length fits nicely in a Std
Cirrus, and Kestrel.

ASK21 and Grob 103 are also comfortable enough, if not neccessarily what
you are looking for.

Bruce