Old October 8th 06, 03:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Commodious Sailplane?

It's surprising what you can fit in if you really want to! I'm 5-10,
about 250, and fit in my LS-6 perfectly. Of course, there is no room
to spare at all - forget folding a sectional inflight - and wearing
heavy clothes for winter or wave flying is probably out of the
question, but for where I fly (shorts and t-shirt, perhaps jeans and a
windbreaker) it works.

Makes it feel like an F-1 race car - no room to rattle around!

Ventus B's and LS-4s are huge by comparison.

A PIK-20, OTOH, is tight - narrow, which makes the flap handle hard to
use; and I haven't found a chute that I can wear in it.

The chute can make a big difference, so be sure include that in your
gear when you try a cockpit on for size.

Good luck!

66