Old January 12th 07, 03:17 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
stol

Default 1999 Arlington crash jury award

What I can't believe is there is no video of the event to show the
response time. There had to be thousands of people .there and more
then one camera... It just shows the the jury system has some serious
faults. It would have been nice if the widow would admit her husband
was showing off his new toy and had the classic departure stall while
trying to impress the crowd with the planes climb rate. Surely this is
not the fault of the EAA.....

Off my soapbox.

Ben

Kevin Davidson wrote:
This one really has me bothered: 1999 NWEAA Arlington Fly-in, pilot in RV-6
rushes departure at high angle of attack, crashes, dies in the ensuing fire.
His survivors sue EAA and NWEAA claiming the fire crews didn't get there
soon enough. The stated claims don't even agree with the NTSB report.

http://www.avweb.com/eletter/archive...ll.html#194197

If this award stands, things are worse than I thought.

Kevin