Old December 13th 20, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Moshe Braner

Default 3 Alisport Silent 2 Electros for sale in Wings and Wheels.

On 12/12/2020 11:53 PM, Matthew Scutter wrote:
On Sunday, December 13, 2020 at 2:31:33 PM UTC+10, Eric Greenwell wrote:

Once I get to about 40% remaining, I can only get ~15kW instead of 22kW. Around 30% it warns me to reduce power below 8kW to prevent battery damage, but doesn't prevent me from continuing. I need about 3.5kW for level flight and 8kW is a ~200ft/min climb. Haven't discharged past 20% yet but it was still able to achieve 8kW at that level.
The default charger is 1200W, so even at 110v 10A should be fine, I also purchased a small 600W 'travel' charger that fits more comfortably in the cockpit with me if I outland at a remote airfield and wanted to recharge overnight, or to tour with.

So since the power (and voltage?) decreases as the batteries are
partially discharged, when it says XX% remaining, what is it a
percentage of? Amp-hours? Energy? Altitude it can climb? And how
accurate is that prediction? (As we know it was disastrously wrong in a
rooftop in CT.)